Monday, July 21, 2008

Characterization quotes from "SLOB"

Rosaleen: “Rosaleen planted herself in front of him” (11)
“I was so proud of that flower and didn’t have a soul to show it to except Rosaleen. (13)
“When it was cold God-help-me-Jesus, she made me go to school wearing long britches under my Pentecostal dresses.” (9)


T-Ray: “He started to swoop at the biddy with his tractor grease hands.” (11)
“T-Ray refused to speak it.” (12)
“T-Ray had found me in the peach stand sticking a nail into one of his peaches.” (16)


Lilly: “My hair was black like my mother’s, but basically a nest of cowlicks.” (9)
“I was the only student who didn’t groan and carry on when Mrs. Henry assigned us another Shakespeare’s play.” (15)
“I worried so much about how I looked sometimes that I felt I was impersonating a girl instead of being one.” (9)

No comments: